× Members

not sure about the future of my benefits

More
1 month 1 week ago #294254 by freefee
hello,
it's been a while, but there is one thing i am still uncertain about, maybe you will be aswell, but i thought i would ask the question anyway.
i am getting legacy contribution based, non means tested esa support group lcw, not new style i was told by dwp it is legacy with no plans to change it, i can't remember the last time i was reassessed, maybe 2019, that may have been pip i think, so it is more likely 2016, i know esa is being moved to universal credit, just want to know the timescale for myself, as i don't know if i will lose it due to having money in the bank above the permitted limit, or if the esa runs alongside universal credit, i also get pip both elements enhanced rate since upgrade in 2023 backdated to 2022 when forms were returned, been on benefits since 2003, i also get a company pension that i started getting when i turned 50, dwp are fully aware, and i now have a small amount taken off my esa each fortnight, i have just turned 60 and have tried o save my pension for hopefully old age, my wife is leaving me at some stage, so i need some money to take over all the bills. i know nothing is certain at the moment, but if you could tell me what the current timescale is and conditions are i would be grateful, i never been contacted by a work coach in all those years, obviously worried as many people, they may take my benefits off me, but my chances of ever working again are practically zero, need to get to 67 somehow, thanks in advance, i hope i have explained my situation clearly, if you need any more details please let me know, thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #294255 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic not sure about the future of my benefits
Hi freefee,

Turn 2 us are a website that help specifically based on a persons circumstances. If you try them on the link below - they should be able to go through everything with you in depth.

www.turn2us.org.uk/

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee, KABTT

More
1 month 1 week ago #294278 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic not sure about the future of my benefits
posted the same question on money saving expert forum, got the following reply, i hope it is right, if so i hope it be of use to others, thanks again

Contributions based ESA is not part of UC and you will not be migrated across. You would only migrate across if part of your ESA is Income Related. With savings/capital of more than £16,000 all your ESA is contributions based.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid