× Members

Lodged PIP Appeal in December, no hearing set yet.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #294051 by Jesterley
Acting for my son, I completed a PIP review form in July 2022. Out of the blue had an appointment for Medical Assessment in July 2023! In September 23 got a letter saying PIP was being stopped, pretty much because my son has learned to drive and told the woman at the medical that he knows how to cook :blink: :blink:

Requested MR, eventually got response, declined again. So Appeal time, lodged in December 23, got their response in Feb this year, basically 'because we say so', plus paperwork I'd never seen before. Sent a response to this evidence that was highly detailed.

Then last month got a letter with DWP response to this (not worth the paper, honestly). We have now been without PIP for almost a full year, presumably part of this being due to the delay caused by DWP taking 5 months to produce a single sheet of paper. How long will it be before a hearing date is set?

I know you can't actually answer that question, but it's 8 months since I lodged the appeal now, is this a typical length of time? I had heard 25 weeks but guessing it has increased further.

I am so fed up with appealing and begging for every single thing my kids need. It shouldn't be like this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #294061 by BIS
Hi Jesterley

It can vary from one region to another, but 25 weeks sounds a very short time frame and not one that I've heard quoted. I would expect a time frame of somewhere between 45 and 52 weeks. As I said, it can vary - so you could always contact the Tribunals Service in your area and ask them.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.