× Members

PIP - Evidence Letter Sent After Deadline

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #294029 by jasonbudd1984
PIP - Evidence Letter Sent After Deadline was created by jasonbudd1984
I am presently going through a PIP review stage (this is complicated by there being an appeal about the present decision being ongoing).

Because of a series of medical issues, which can all be documented, I have had to request several extensions and have now reached the maximum limit. Whilst it will be possible to submit the main form back, I am still trying to gather evidence letters to support the case.

I asked on the phone with the DWP and they said that evidence letters can be sent after the deadline if the form itself comes back in time. Is this correct and does it match others' experience?

It would be very soon after, but in some cases may take longer to get vital points confirmed. I realise it risks the review occurring without them, but surely it can't be that quick once received?

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #294050 by BIS
Hi jasonbudd1984

In my experience, the DWP often takes an inconsistent approach to what it says and what happens in reality. So, they may say you can send letters after the deadline (and you can), but they won't wait for them to arrive because they have no idea when you might send them in or how quickly they will be uploaded to the system. So if the person working on your case wants to complete it, they will, and any letters you send after that process won't be included in their decision.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.