× Members

PIP

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293962 by jMals
PIP was created by jMals
Hi,

i have just signed up to this website and I was really hoping someone could help. I really do apologies in advance if this has been asked many times before.

10 & a half weeks ago i made my claim then followed by some weeks later with the phone assessment. I had the text last Thursday(01/08) to say i have been awarded. i was wondering are PIP still backdating payments from when you first sent of the original claim as the internet is quite diverse - some seem to say yes you do, and others that PIP are not doing that anymore.

again sorry if it has been asked many a time!! any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Best Wishes,
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293976 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP
Hi jMals

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

PIP should be backdate to the date of your original phone call applying for PIP. If you applied using paper form, it will have a date stamp on it, issue date and return date. PIP goes by the issue date.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jMals

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293977 by jMals
Replied by jMals on topic PIP
Good Evening Gary,

Thank you very much much for your quick reply. Really appreciated.

I applied online so will it backdate from the very first phone call requesting the online form or from the date I actually submitted the forms.

Best wishes,
James

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293978 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP
Hi jMals

From your first phone call

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jMals

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.