× Members

Non means tested legacy benefits

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293953 by Maher
Non means tested legacy benefits was created by Maher
I received letter 7th June saying we looked at your ESA claim nothing has changed. So I didn't read on.
They say they've used information given by you to HMRC that my pension went up £4 in April
I have had letter HMRC for small. Tax bill, I'd been meaning to get in touch with them to say it's wrong. Income below tax threshold. But never got around to it.
They claim I should've reported a change. I haven't had to for 20 year's!!
Are they right? And I'm late in replying. Help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293974 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Non means tested legacy benefits
Hi Maher

You should always notify DWP of any changes no matter how small.

You could end up with a fine for non disclosure. I would speak to your local Welfare Rights Organisation, they will be able to point you in the right direction taking into account all your circumstances; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: boris1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.