× Members

Frequency of UC reviews

• Glasgowianthepooh
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293940 by Glasgowianthepooh
Frequency of UC reviews was created by Glasgowianthepooh
Does anyone know how often are reviews of UC carried out? Is there any rule? I mean for the enhanced, targeted or risk reviews.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293972 by David
Replied by David on topic Frequency of UC reviews
Hi Glasgowianthepooh,
I haven't been able to find any stats on UC claim reviews ( as opposed to LCW/RA ).
I am aware that the review process changed considerably with the Covid pandemic. According to CPAG there were 900,000 UC claims made under the UC Trust and Protect initiative. These new claims did not go through usual checks and verification as staff were working from home and claimants isolating. So there were more mistakes with entitlement and subsequent overpayments. After the pandemic the DWP's Retrospective Verification Team started revisiting these claims and hence claimants were getting requests for passports and tenancy agreements.
Now the DWP has got new claim sifting software and a system IRIS for targeted case reviews using algorithms.
So a UC review may just be the result of computerised checking rather than anything to worry about.
Hope this helps.
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.