× Members

Universal credit question of why can't I share a room

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293909 by Marvel2017
Good morning, as a new claimant of universal credit I've been asked to clarify why we can't share a room.
Is there a guide to help answer this question at all?
The reasons we don't share is.
I have restless leg syndrome. Incontinence issues, I have a stoma that likes to leak over night & my partner has sleep apnea & night terrors which has resulted in me being injured.

But I'm not sure of the correct way to word these things

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293935 by Gary
Hi Marvel2017

There is no correct way, just say it the way it is.

The reason for the question is to see if you will be affected by the under occupancy charge (bedroom tax), if you can get a support letter from your Dr you can give it to your work coach.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293959 by boris1
Well you just explain what you you have stated here on your UC application but they can be awkward and ask for proof such as an occupational health suporting report or adult social services.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.