× Members

PIP review form, will bowel incontinence be taken into ac if have it for 2 month

More
2 months 5 days ago #293616 by VIA
Dear moderators and fellow members,

I have suffered from bowel incontinence from medication for about 2 months.
I am to receive a pip review form as per text warning.
I am not keen to come off the medication as it is more effective towards pain than the previous medication.

- Will the PIP Review take into account my bowel incontinence under the section:
. Managing toilet needs or incontinence
. Assistance for washing and bathing due to bowel incontinence
If at the time they do the review I have had diarrhea for less than 3 months?
Does it have to be likely that I have bowel incontinence for a further 9 months for it to be taken into account?
It is not a medical condition but a side effect of my new medication.

Also does anyone know how long are pip review extention for if granted.

I really appreciate your kind help in this matter.

Many thanks.
Best wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #293623 by Gary
Hi VIA

When applying for PIP, it is not so much the condition per se that the DWP is interested in, but how that condition/s impacts a claimant's daily life and mobility as set out in the PIP criteria. We are not assessors or medical professionals, so cannot give a view on what you will get and at what level. Two people can have identical conditions but be given different awards.

PIP is paid if you have a physical or mental illness or disability, and your ability to carry out daily living activities or mobility activities is limited or severely limited as a result.

To qualify for PIP you must have met the conditions for three months and be likely to meet them for the next nine months.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.