× Members

Update Universal Credit Review

More
2 months 5 days ago #293597 by Chris
Update Universal Credit Review was created by Chris
Hi All,

Anyone that is currently undergoing a UC review (I am in the process of one) - It seems like the DWP are now seeking additional information and requests as a crackdown on fraud.
I was requested to send in all my last 4 months of statements from all my income related accounts - not a problem - however, as I have a Help 2 Save account, I was asked (and I quote from the assessor) " Are you able to get printed out statements for your help 2 save account taken to your local branch, and stamped?"
Despite me sending in my bank statements clearly showing me making payments from my own bank account to my H2S account, this has been requested from my bank, to prove that I am making these payments. I had to speak to my bank, who said that they've never had a request anything like it, but they are going to send me a copy of all my payments made, and stamped to prove that I have made the payments from my account, for the DWP.
So, just thought I'd pre-warn people that some of the assessors, are now clearly being told to look for other forms of evidence in relation to possible fraud.

Regards, Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: barrycgreen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.