× Members

PIP Moving Around

More
2 months 1 week ago #293560 by Mary36900
PIP Moving Around was created by Mary36900
Hi
I have several health conditions with Parkinson's Disease, Osteo-Arthritis and Lipoedema being the main chronic progressive diseases which all affect my mobility. I have had Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility for some years now. I had my last review in April 2023. I asked for a transcript of my telephone assessment then but never received it.
Over the last few months my mobility has become worse with me shuffling, 'freezing', have my left leg drag back, have difficulties getting into bed, out of bed and standing up, out of recliner chair and standing up, increased tremors etc These have been happening mostly with abdominal pain and gastro-intestinal symptoms and pain due to a hernia that I am waiting for repair. At the same time, my lipoedema has progressed so my legs and arms are much bigger, with increased heaviness. I fractured my knee a couple of years ago and now arthritis and pain are also worse.

At my last review I said that I could walk 20 to 50 metres and would then have to rest due to pain and fatigue. I stupidly said that I managed to go downtown twice a week and go in one or 2 shops walking for a minute at a time. I got the transit of the assessment today and DWP state that I am able to do this daily
. I notified DWP about a change in my conditions and decided to go for another review. I am a bit worried as I reach State of age in September but this is my last chance to try and get Enhanced Mobility. I am also unsure of what to put on the form eg what distance because it varies but when I 'freeze' I am unable to move at all. Reading what they have put in the assessment form is making me nervous eg I can't be anxious as I haven't got a diagnosis and I'm not on medication for it - yet it's a symptom of Parkinson's Disease and Fibromyalgia ( yes I've also got that).
I have a soft voice and in the interview the Health care professional kept asking me to repeat what I said but apparently there was no problem with my voice in communication with others. I wish now I'd appealed!
Anyway please could you advise me about how to fill in Moving Around section. Also can I mention anxiety as part of my Parkinson's for the other mobility question?

Many thanks

Gilly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #293575 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Moving Around
Hi Gilly

I replied about the moving around question in your other post.

Yes, you can mention your anxiety in the planning and following a journey question.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mary36900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.