× Members

Translation from tax credits to uc self employed but on pip

More
2 months 1 week ago #293496 by Jrdm
Hi I’m being moved off wtc to uc.
I’ve applied before the migration date to get the protection for the severe element of tax credits. Although I’m self employed I can’t do the physical work any longer so I just answer the phone and give the work to others and take a commission.
I have a fit not dated today for 3 months should upload it to the journal? As I have an interview next week to see if I’m gainfully self employed. At the job centre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293514 by Gary
Hi Jrdm

I would give the fit note to your workcoach at the interview. Make a note on your journal that you have given your work coach the fit note, that way you have an electronic foot print.

You will be asked to sign a claimant commitment;The conditions for claiming Universal Credit are set out in a "claimant commitment" that most people will have to accept at the beginning of their claim. If you are part of a couple, you will each have a separate claimant commitment that may be different from each other's.

People who may not need to accept a commitment include those who lack capacity, those who have exceptional circumstances  where it would be unreasonable to expect them to agree a commitment (this is decided by the work coach on a case by case basis), or, From 15 February 2022 people with a terminal illness and less than 6 months to live were also excluded, and from 4 April 2023 this was extended to 12 months.

There are 4 conditionality groups:

* Group 1. No work related requirements
* Group 2. Work-focused interview requirement
* Group 3. Work preparation requirement
* Group 4. All work-related requirements

www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Claimant-commitment-Universal-Credit

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.