× Members

Telephone assesment prep

More
2 months 1 week ago #293485 by SherryCatMum
Telephone assesment prep was created by SherryCatMum
Hi all,
My Telephone assesment is due friday, I am absolutely panicky about it. My social anxiety is through the roof, and my problem is that I always come across calk on the phone, but that is down to me making myself calm and focusing fully on the calls I am in.
How I am on friday with this I dont know, if I sound calm will they think I am dont suffer from Social anxiety, anxiety and panic disorder?
Im in such a quandary.
How do I begin with the call? What do I tell the assessor, do I tell them I suffer badly from social anxiety so I may need some breaks to breathe at least? Also sitting for that long with osteoarthritis and chronic back pain will be unbearable, do I tell them to bear with me if I need to move or shuffle or stretch etc?
I cant prep food anymore due to hand tendonitis but ive said that i sometimes slide things in and out of the microwave onto a tray on the counter but I dont feel safe doing it.. Will that go against me?
My. Microwaves plug blew out 2 months ago so now i cant use that as i dont have it anymore and am serouosly considering meals on wheels for myself and my teen ( shes autistic and cannot pshyologically touch knives or hot food.
I hope someone here can help with some solid advice on this as I dont want to mess up as im going to be honest in how it all affects how I live on a daily basis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293487 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Telephone assesment prep
Hi SherryCatMum

From looking at your previous posts, I have assumed you are talking about PIP. the same applies if you are talking about the Work Capability Assessment apart from the name of the assessors report (UC85).

If you have a look at our PIP guide at the link below you will see that there are a number of pages which include advice on telephone assessments. Yes, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

- If you take medication, do not take any extra to get through the ordeal, quite often the assessor's report will state "they did not sound stressed" or "they coped well", this is usually due to medication.
- Have someone with you (if you can).
- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- Record the assessment surreptitiously. (Never trust that there won't be a problem with their equipment!)
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don’t let the assessor rush you and get you flustered.
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!
- Be aware of the unexpected question. Nearly everyone gets one - I think it's a deliberate ploy to confuse you or say that you're not depressed because you can remember something from 20 years ago!

Don't forget to contact DWP 48 hours after the assessment and ask for a copy of the assessors report called PA4.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SherryCatMum

More
2 months 1 week ago #293533 by SherryCatMum
Replied by SherryCatMum on topic Telephone assesment prep
Thank you.
It was an hour and 50 minutes,
On asking on previous career, I am on (carers allowance) and they asked how I actually care for my daughter? Like what do I do?
But anyway, we went through everything in intricate detail, she kept asking me the Whys, but she did pre warn me she would so thats fair.
She was a nurse so I have no idea what to expect from the report.
It was officilaly recorded aswell. (And unofficially)
We seemed to have gone through the whole form and now we wait for the decision.
I have no idea how it will fair.
Ill ask for the PA4 on monday morning from the DWP ans then I will see what was written down for real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.