× Members

no phone for assessment

More
2 months 1 week ago #293389 by kittyroo
no phone for assessment was created by kittyroo
Hi, i am under the impression that in September anyone on income related ESA with HB will be forcibly moved to UC. I am in the support group. I believe that we will have telephone assessments with the so-called work coaches even if we are in the support group. However, I can't afford to pay for a phone, as I only have enough money for one meal a day. Having a phone is a luxury. I do have an old laptop and I communicate through emails. Do you have any advice about how I can do this interview? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #293392 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic no phone for assessment
Hi Kittroo

No one knows exactly what is happening. According to Gary, our mod, some more staff have been pulled to conduct these interviews, but I don't believe they will have enough.

If you don't have a phone, they can't phone you, and that is their problem - not yours. You certainly are not the only person without one.

They can either do a paper-based assessment or they could send you a link to interview you on your laptop. I can't tell you whether they will do that or not, but as I've said - until there is a clearer picture - you have other things to concern you and I would try not to worry about it. Easier - said than done - I know, but we can't give you a definitive answer of what they will do with people in your position.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by BIS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.