× Members

Feel so Depressed and Anxious after assessment

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293321 by #boo#tas#
Hi, I’m hoping somebody can please advise me. I am so nervous. I have been since this whole review started 15 months ago. I previously attended the Tribunal for some background and was awarded daily living and standard mobility. I won’t list my health conditions as there are so many mental health ones. I have connective tissue disease, which is entirely one that leads to a lot of things, narcolepsy and many others, to name a few. I know this doesn’t affect what you get, but they will have a massive impact on my life; my concern is no one was with me over my telephone assessment and phoned me before the assessment to say that he was going to go through the paperwork as there was a lot and call me back. Hence, it was 40 minutes late already and then two hours on the phone; I did record it, and there was a lot of time spent on going over the medication that I have yet they was all in the reports that I sent in. He started by going over my illnesses as opposed to my daily living. I kept emphasising I don’t do things, which is true, but I feel like I am some fraud, and I don’t know why it’s so interrogating. It isn’t horrendous. I did say I miss a lot of appointments if I don’t have someone with me or I’m in pain man sometimes leave and fall asleep. I know that’s really bad on NHS why I need more help but I did say as I did recently go to hospital appointmentsl on my own. After that, I didn’t go out for two weeks, and it did make me anxious, and for the rest of it, sometimes I don’t have people to help me. So sorry to go so long. I have tried to call them several times today, and it’s just gone on for about six minutes and then been cut off each time. I apologise if this spelling et cetera isn’t great I am talking my message. I’m not great at typing much appreciated if anyone can advise me on what to do. I don’t think I’ve got another tribunal or anything in me the last time I was suicidal at the moment with my mental health.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293333 by BIS
hi #boo#tas#

I'm sorry that you're feeling so worried and stressed at this point. I mentioned in one of your other posts that you can call the DWP and ask for a copy of your assessment report—it's called a PA4. This will give you an idea of how the assessment went. Until you have a copy, there's very little I can say that will help you. I know you're worried that you might not have said the right thing and everyone goes through that. It's not so much what you say as opposed to whether you had an understanding assessor who understood your needs and you won't know that until you see a copy of the report.

I know it's difficult to get through to the DWP, but most people say early in the morning is the best time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293373 by #boo#tas#
Replied by #boo#tas# on topic Feel so Depressed and Anxious after assessment
Hi. Thank you so much for kindly responding to me, and I'm sorry I was a pain sending so many messages. Thank you so much for kindly responding to me, and I'm sad that I was a pain sending so many messages to my surprise. I called them on Thursday and have already recyreported. It recommends only two years. To think of Possibly going through this whole rigmarole again back soon soon it would only be one years time
There are as others say many things are incorrect, but it isn’t as bad as my head would have said. Do you know the general ihtcones that they follow directions of the report, or do the case managers often change that? I’ve been trying to read the notes, but my eyes are sore. I have connective tissue disease and was just advised it sounds like cataracts. So, I have been struggling to read. I have ADHD, so again, my brain needs to keep going over information. I may need to go to the hospital. I’m getting a call from 111, so thank you so much for all your helpful advice.
Would it be helpful to share any information regarding the report here? I'm not sure what the policies are. I am incredibly grateful for this website, and regardless of my outcome, I will continue to subscribe to your work and support the community.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293391 by BIS
Hi #boo#tas#

You haven't been a 'pain' at all - so please put that thought out of your mind. The forum is here for people to ask as many questions as they like. We can't always answer them because sometimes it is out of our remit - but we try and help where we can - so never be afraid to ask.

I'm glad that you were able to ring the DWP and get a copy of the report. Generally, the decision maker follows the advice of the assessor - but it's not an absolute given. However, it should give a clear of the type of award you will be offered. The points should be on the report. Is it the same as you already had and are you satisfied with that.

I'm sorry that it appears you may only have a two-year award, but don't take it personally. Award lengths have been shortened for everyone. It is hard to think that you may have to start the process again in another year - but I would get through this and then give yourself a rest. If you can, keep a diary over the next 12 months. YOu don't have to keep it every day, but it means you will have something to fall back on and can choose if you want to submit part of it or just use it to help you fill in the form next. Everyone thinks they will remember everything, but no one does, and it's good to have a record.

Yes, you can share what is written in the report if you want to and need advice on it - just don't write anything that could identify you.

Once you get the award letter, it's up to you to decide what you want to do. If you have an award you're satisfied with, I would leave it at that. It is common for mistakes to happen. Just write yourself a note on what is incorrect so you can always say it when your next review comes around. However, if you are not happy with the award and you want to challenge it, then you will need to submit a Mandatory Reconsideration, which you need to do within one month of the date on your decision letter. We have a guide to help you with that, but I would rest your eyes until you get the letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid