× Members

PIP Appeal, DWP date for submission passes.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293309 by denby
What should I do now, please? Courtesy of B&W Guides I made my MR as good as I could, don't have an advice agency to back me. Read that it might be useful to wait to see what DWP's response is before trying to produce more evidence [obvs to refute any spurious claims they make]. Sent it by paper as unconfident with too much online. Had a text saying it was received and nothing since. TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293337 by BIS
Hi Denby

I'm glad you received a text saying that it had been received because they don't send those out on a consistent basis. Unfortunately, there isn't anything more you can do, but sit and wait. I hope it won't be too long before you hear anything - hope it is no more than eight weeks - but you know the DWP, it may be longer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293340 by denby
Thank you BIS.
I'd sent it signed for and printed off the post office tracker's pic of a stack of mail and a scribble, usual thing, anyway. But I was grateful for the text some days later.
If they take weeks longer is there some point at which I can contact the Tribunal Service and protest about it?
Denby

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293341 by Bud
I’ll sit & wait with you then denby. Although I’ve got a few weeks to go yet on mine. I just wish that if DWP decide to do this, then the tribunal could make a decision there & then without them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293342 by Gary
Hi denby

I would contact DWP to check that they have it on their system, it may have been signed for but sometimes there is a delay in putting the information onto the system. Make sure you have details of RD ref number, time of delivery and who signed for it when you phone.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293351 by Anji
Hi Denby

Is this an appeal to the tribunal? When the deadline for DWP response approached for my son's appeal we started ringing and requesting more information, such as a subject access request for all the correspondence relating to their decision making.
I'm not sure if it was this that pushed them, but a week or so later we got the phone call from the appeals team saying they were overturning the decision.

I also believe that you can ask the tribunal to make a date without the DWP response if their deadline has passed. This would have been our next step.

Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.