× Members

ESA Review's Recommencing ??

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293268 by JayJay66
ESA Review's Recommencing ?? was created by JayJay66
Hi all,

I'm a Mod on a Benefts Advice Sub ( I'm ex Benefits as well as disabled ). Up until now we've been advising that ESA Support and UC LCWRA Work Capability Reviews are largely still suspended ( with exception of a few areas that did a handful then stopped again). This is confirmed by other Mods actually working as Work Coaches, none of them at different JCPs, have seen anyone who's had then either either.

However , we've just received a query from a someone who's 65 yo mum ( 65 !) has received a letter saying she will be getting an "ESA telephone review" and to expect an appointment soon. She's in Support, and was last assessed 10 years ago. She's 9 mths off Pensionable Age ( and on PIP too )

I honestly don't know what to tell her. Apart from it being absurd with 9 mths remaining, I had no idea they had started again ?! I'm hoping it's some sort of mistake or misunderstanding but daughter is pretty convinced.

I've gone through the Activities, Sub Risk, given the usual advice and guidance we give for new WCA Phone Assessments which is all I have.

I just wondered if anyone had come across anyone with LCWRA being Reviewed ( UC or ESA ). Especially anyone in their mid 60's !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293288 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA Review's Recommencing ??
Hi jayJay66

Over the past six months, quite a few members have suddenly received reviews close to their SPA and years after their last review, so I don't think it is a mistake. I'm not aware of anyone saying that the letter was a mistake and the review didn't take place.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293290 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic ESA Review's Recommencing ??
Hi JayJay,

I can confirm what BIS has said having had my ESA award reviewed late last year at the age of nearly 64. I had last been reviewed in 2017. I had a 10 year award for PIP in 2020 which I included in the paperwork when sending off the review form.
What I find rather unsettling is that the award is recommended to be reviewed after a year so I could have to endure another review even nearer to 66, my retirement age.

All the best,

Gaddy

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293312 by Cinta
Replied by Cinta on topic ESA Review's Recommencing ??
Hi, I am 65 years old and have just received my PIP reassessment papers and I am expecting the ESA or being transferred to UC paperwork any minute now as they failed me on PIP last time, withdrew ESA benefits and made me appeal for the whole lot. Anyway, yes, it's happening even at this age. Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JayJay66

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293345 by JayJay66
Replied by JayJay66 on topic ESA Review's Recommencing ??
Thank you, do much. I'm just on with the lady's son now, so I'll break the news. Astonishing really with months to go , but I'll just prepare them as best I can ( using your guides 🙏 )

Ironically my partner is ESA Support and being late 50's ( and 10 years without Assessment we hoped it might be less of a possibility as time goes by - clearly not ! )

Thank you again !

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293346 by JayJay66
Replied by JayJay66 on topic ESA Review's Recommencing ??
Hi Gaddy,

Thanks for replying.
I'm saddened and astonished that of all the groups, it's those about to retire. I just said above, I and my partner are late 50:s and we are hoping we might be lower priority when they resumed. Obviously far from it !

Then possibly aged 66, beggars belief !!

I'll hope you make it to your SRP 🙏

Thank you again x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid