× Members

consultant / medical letters

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293248 by JRB
consultant / medical letters was created by JRB
I have a review form to complete, I get standard daily and enhanced mobility for severe COPD. I had surgery in the last years, which has helped somewhat but still have severe COPD. The last consultant's letter is upbeat and says things that I walk daily and my breathing has improved, however I still have severe COPD and struggle some days as much as ever really.. do I include these letters as I think these may go against me ? What would be the alternative given that I only have less than 2 weeks to gather info ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293252 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic consultant / medical letters
Hi JudyB

I can't tell you what to do here because you will have to make the choice yourself, but I would never advise people to include a letter that could damage their claim. Consultants don't write letters for the DWP and have no idea what they say could be damaging if taken out of context.

One option is to keep a diary for a week covering your breathing difficulties and include that. If you have a family member or friend who has witnessed your struggles get them to write a letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.