× Members

Points for mobility pip

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293237 by Slim
Points for mobility pip was created by Slim
Can anyone let me know points for mobility pip. Originally scored 4 points which meant I was not eligible for mobility. Then leap arrived and I was awarded 10 points for " U need another person,an assistance dog or an orientation aid to follow the route of an unfamiliar journey". I'm confused as I thought it was 12 points for this question. I got nothing for moving around. Can't remember what the 4 points where for, but it seems it increased to 10. I thought DWP wld add the 4 & 10 together giving me the hight rate of mobility.The original leap pip letter said 12 points but have mislaid it.Was told it was a tying error and the original letter said standard mobility. I am prop clutching at straws as we desperately need new car ( can't afford it) and high mobility would be the answer to my prayers . Dee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293251 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Points for mobility pip
Hi Slim

It is 10 points for an unfamiliar journey and 12 points for a familiar journey.

I assume that you originally scored 4 for this question (1b - Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant), and then after LEAP you were given 10 points (1d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid).

You can score on more than one answer in this question, although the DWP did try to argue in court that you can't. (They lost) You can read about it in the Guide to PiP Claims and Reviews - pp 78 and 79. I can't comment on whether this will be the case for you because it id decided on an individual basis against a person's difficulties.

I assume that you were not given any points for moving around because they believe that you have no physical disabilities that prevent you from standing up and moving around outdoors. This question does not include any difficulties with mental health. If they were wrong about the only way you can raise it now, is to put in for a change of circumstances.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293272 by Slim
Replied by Slim on topic Points for mobility pip
I looked up paged 78 & 79 but can't see anything concerning judge ruling points can be added together. Bit hopeless with technology.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293286 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Points for mobility pip
Hi Slim

Page 79:

"Help whilst on a journey
The tribunal decided that if a claimant suffers ‘overwhelming psychological distress’ then they may
be able to score points for d) or for f) as well as b) or e). They are not limited to only being able to
score points for b) or e), as the DWP had argued.
So, if you suffer from extreme anxiety that means you need someone else with you in order to follow
an unfamiliar route then you may be able to score 10 points for descriptor d) and if you need help
with familiar routes, you may score 12 points for f) and be eligible for the enhanced mobility
component on this basis alone."

As I said, I don't know whether this is applicable to you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293296 by Slim
Replied by Slim on topic Points for mobility pip
Thank you so much, always difficult to understand. Not really sure where I stand!!!! As had 4 points ,then 10 but I think the 10 cancels out the 4. All very confusing. The only way I can tackle this is to write or phone but afraid in case they decide to recess me . Can you email Pip to find out. Kind regards Slim

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293297 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Points for mobility pip
Hi Slim

I am not aware of an email address for PIP.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.