× Members

Medical conditions

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293179 by Demarko
Medical conditions was created by Demarko
New member to the forum.
Asking for advice please.
I suffer with multiple conditions:
Degenerate disc disease, heart condition, angina, asthma, type 2 diabetes, Meralgia paraesthetica . These conditions are affecting my day to day life. I am on the highest possible medication I can take and this is no longer stopping the pain. How do I progress to making a claim for disability as the questions asked don’t allow me to answer how I’m affected.
I would appreciate any help and advise please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293207 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical conditions
Hi Demarko

Welcome to the forum.

We have a very comprehensive guide on claiming for PIP. It the guide to PIP claims and reviews. It's big guide, but it will walk you through the entire process. You can do this online or start the process over the telephone and be sent a paper-copy of the form.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Be aware that the DWP is not interested in your medical conditions per se—it is how those conditions affect your daily living and/or mobility as per the specific PIP questions. Our guide explains the sorts of answers they are looking for after each question. So, although you may think those questions don't allow you to say how you are affected, I assure you they do - it's just you have to learn how to get to grips with the DWP way of speaking - and understand what they're looking for. And that can be a challenge!

Have a look at the guide and then if you require more help, come back and ask and we will try to answer any questions you have.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293211 by Demarko
Replied by Demarko on topic Medical conditions
BIS
Thank you for your reply. I have started to read it this morning and now understand quite a bit more on the questions that are asked and answers that are given. I will continue to read all the sections before moving forward with a claim as to be able to get the best out of it. Already after taking the online test prior to the forum if I was to go on and take it again my answers would be different. I know this may not be how the score would be, however with what I have read so far it’s already a great help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.