× Members

Mobility question for esa50

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293158 by Kendod66
Mobility question for esa50 was created by Kendod66
I have a blue badge walking assesment where i struggle to walk 80m with significant pain, shortness of breath and taking a significant amount of time. Unrepeatable that day.
However I believe they mark you on using a manual wheelchair, even if you don't have one.
My fibromyalgia causes me total body pain and exhaustion, and I've had shoulder impingement and rotator cuff issues in the past (not documented that I can see) how do I explain that a manual wheelchair would be unable to be used?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293208 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mobility question for esa50
Hi Kendod66

I assume that your fibromyalgia is documented? That alone would make using the imaginary manual wheelchair impossible. You would not have the grip or the energy or be able to endure the physical pain to propel a wheelchair. That's what I would say if asked.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293228 by Kendod66
Replied by Kendod66 on topic Mobility question for esa50
Yes I'll be including my consultants assessment of me while diagnosing my fibromyalgia.
That was the same kind of thinking I was going to use. Appreciate your time

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.