× Members

Tribunals

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293156 by Anita
Tribunals was created by Anita
Please can anyone advise have I done the wright thing I’ve logged for my pip tribunal I had already sent most off my consultant letters and have sent my LWCRA report , medication list and notes from appointments from my medical records, I have put I don’t wish to attend has I have no one to attend with me Have I set myself up to fail. Thanks Anita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293172 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Tribunals
Hi Anita,

It all depends on how you've worded your application form, but you definitely don't need to attend. I didn't with mine, and was awarded PIP for both, with just the telephone consultation.

Different people will have different views though, with some likely being that showing the doctors how much of a state you end up in, can work in your favour.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293189 by Anita
Replied by Anita on topic Tribunals
My sister says I should attend or they will not look at it properly but I’m not very good at taking things in and am worried has I’ve got no one to represent me

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293216 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Tribunals
Hi Anita

You have to do what feels right for you. There are plenty of people who choose a paper-based decision. The disadvantage of you not attending is you cannot answer any questions the panel may have.

If the panel feels that they cannot make a decision without meeting you, a new date will be set, and you will be asked to attend.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.