× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Notice: help required

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293078 by pipsqueak
Dear All,
So I've had the outcome of my PIP so-called assessment.
They've awarded me 10 points for mobility and zero points for daily activities. This is so arbitrary as I would have thought the result would have been the opposite. I'm feeling crushed, after 14 months of this so far....
I got all the old stock answers: you can drive therefore you can manage, you don't have a diagnosis of ASD (pity that your ASD guide has only just come out ;-) ), etc.

So now I need to go for Mandatory Reconsideration:
  • Do I need a specific form or can I just send a letter?
  • Can I add further evidence with it?
  • Any advice overall? (the last time I did this was 4 years ago). What I intend to do is take all their points one by one and argue against.

Also, the recording: only I have a copy of the recording as I did not realise I needed a different appointment for them to record as well. I understand from my previous posts that the recording I own is legitimate. If so, can I refer to it or best not?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293091 by BIS
Hi Pipsqueak

I'm sorry you haven't got the outcome you were hoping for.

I'm not sure from your post whether you just have the decision letter or you already have your PA4 - assessment report. If you don't have the report, you would be wise to ring the DWP and ask for a copy. It normally takes 7 - 10 days to arrive. It's easier to write your MR if you have as much information available to try and understand why they came to their decision.

You need to put in for your mandatory reconsideration within one month of the date on the decision letter. Have a look at the Guide to PIP Appeals - it also has the information about putting in for an MR. Yes, you can put in additional evidence. benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Don't waste time arguing issues that won't earn you points. If you have a poor quality report you can always say so, but inform them you are putting in a separate complaint. Don't call the assessor a 'liar' even if you think they are. They will ignore your recording. They generally only take notice of personal recordings at tribunal when you have to provide a transcript. But you can use it and simply say "The assessor is mistaken when they say xxxxxxx - I told them yyyyyyy."

Come back if you have any further questions and we will try to help.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293096 by pipsqueak
Replied by pipsqueak on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Notice: help required
Thank you BIS,
I got the letter saying "I have looked at your award". Page 1 is their decision.
Pages 4 is "My decision" and about a page and a bit long of their reasoning" (if you can call it that). So, I don't know which form I got. Is this just the decision letter or the report?
Many thanks
PS: And no, I would not call the assessor a liar! ;-)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293104 by Gary
Hi Pipsqueak

By the sounds of it, you have the decision makers report, the assessors report called a PA4 is usuall around 20 pages long.

The front page of an Assessors Report states:
Personal Independence Payment
Consultation report form - PA4 V3

The back page gives the name of the assessor, type of professional, Date and time of the assessment

The copy I have in front of me has 22 pages.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pipsqueak

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293123 by pipsqueak
Called them. They are going to send it today.
It is quite extraordinary (or is it) that they don't mention this report in the decision letter. I had no idea such a report existed. It's information suppression.
Many thanks again

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293193 by pipsqueak
Hi,
Will I need a specific form to start the mandatory reconsideration process? If so, where do I find it (I simply cannot remember from last time, 4 years ago...)
Many thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid