× Members

Pension and UC

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293074 by Onyx123
Pension and UC was created by Onyx123
I have a question about a pension not claimed and UC. My wife remembered she had a work pension that was due for payment from last year. How will it affect our UC that we have not told UC when she now claims it. About a year ago it was due for payment from when she worked in the civil service in the 80s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293106 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pension and UC
Hi Onyx123

You need to speak to your local Welfare Rights Organisation, advicelocal.uk ,
some work pensions can be deferred until you reach state pension age, so your wife needs to speak to her HR department and independant financial advice, www.unbiased.co.uk.

When you do claim a pension (private/company) it will affect your UC £ for £ which is why you need to seek advice before you do anything, as it can have major implications, you need to get your timing right.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onyx123

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293183 by Onyx123
Replied by Onyx123 on topic Pension and UC
Thank you Gary, I have searched every where for an answer on this and there is nothing on the Web. It only comes up about the State Pension. We don't know if we have done something wrong or haven't done something wrong. What would it mean if a pension can't be deferred?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293229 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pension and UC
Hi Onyx123

I work for a company where you can take a pension at the age of 55, the pension is a taxable income, you can defer the pension until you reach state pension age, until you access your state pension then it is not taxable, have you contacted Pensionwise? www.gov.uk/government/news/pension-wise-unveiled

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293270 by Onyx123
Replied by Onyx123 on topic Pension and UC
Thank you Gary. I will contact pension wise.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.