× Members

ESA - LCWRA

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293072 by Pro
ESA - LCWRA was created by Pro
Hello :) Just hoping someone could help me please. I was claiming New Style ESA which after an assessment I was put into the LCWRA group a while back. I am currently claiming UC and have entitled to PIP.
I am still technically employed even though it has been a long time since I have been able to work but my employer has kept me on their books and I haven't been getting paid anything from them for over a year, it more of a your jobs here when you're ready.
I know they cant leave this position open for me indefinitely so I really want to try and get back in some capacity.
I plan to go back and try a phased return with modified working. My main concern is failure and not being able to do it even though my head says I can. I'm worried that after all the stress of initially claiming ESA and UC and going through assessments etc that if I try work and fail after a few weeks that I am in a worse position than I was before I gave it a go and have to start the claims all over again.
What's the process if that was the case as Ive never been in this situation before? I really want to give going back to work a go but the back to square one if it fails is rally putting me off trying.
What would anyone advise please?

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293088 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic ESA - LCWRA
Hi Pro,

It won't interfere with your PIP - but UC - I believe you're allowed to try and work so many hours, however, not sure if this is the same in LCWRA. I've been in LCW group, and worked PT for a period of time, where my UC amount fluctuated, but I still remained on the system when eventually I was finished form the job.

Hopefully someone can properly clarify for you.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pro

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293094 by Pro
Replied by Pro on topic ESA - LCWRA
Thanks Chris, I think it may be deemed full time hours even though i'm not actually going to work full hours initially as it may be a phased return to start and I would be paid as if working full time hours.
I called the ESA line and eventually got through and asked the question and was told that I would have to start a whole new claim and it wouldn't be with ESA as it is changing to UC and thats where the claim would have to go to. I thought that it sounded wrong so asked them to check if there was a fast track claim if I reclaimed within 12 weeks. They went away and came back and said I was right and as long as it is within 3 months I can renew my claim.
I don't have full confidence in the advisors knowledge so Im not 100% sure what to believe now :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293103 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA - LCWRA
Hi Pro

NS ESA is different than UC and it's work allowance, you do need to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.