× Members

Bank transaction details

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293006 by Samity
Bank transaction details was created by Samity
Hi, I have been asked provide 4 months of bank statements for a review and whilst I have no objection to showing the current balance, account no. and name etc, I dislike showing them what I spend my money on or what bits and bobs I have purchased , after all some stuff is very private.
Does anyone know if I am able to black pen out the details of transactions, just the names of shops etc but leave the actual amount showing.? After all is it relevant as long as my accounts show the current balance to prove I am under the threshold?
Any feedback appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293011 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Bank transaction details
Hi Samity,

You have to send them original downloaded copies and upload them on the system, or send original statements from your bank - they wouldn't accept printed ones from me, and they check every payment to see your outgoings such as food, energy, rent/mortgage, c/tax, tv lic - so unfortunately, nothing can be crossed out - or they'll request it again, and if you don't - they'll freeze your money whilst they investigate - this happened to me, and I went 5 weeks without anything.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293028 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Bank transaction details
I appreciate it is not possible to get some very personal items by shopping in person and paying cash. But I am using card less and less as I dislike the idea that bank staff or any possible hackers might get an idea of my regular movements and purchases by my spending.
What I'd like comments on is what inquisitions are likely on 'what did you spend those cash withdrawals on?' should I ever have to submit bank statements.
Denby

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293071 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Bank transaction details
It seems to be the norm that they want to see bank statements as soon as you go on to UC. I just don’t think there’s any need for them to poke into our business, unless they suspect us of fraud.

We’re just getting the cash out if the bank now too denby. They’ll probably just ask for receipts eventually.

What happens if we splash out on something that they don’t agree with, do we have to return it?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293081 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Bank transaction details
Hi guys,

I had a couple of large payments just over a year ago for £800 and £900 and they related to a new bed and home decor and I had to provide proof with receipts by uploading to the UC system.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.