× Members

PIP assessor - telephone interview yesterday

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293282 by Zakana
Hi Denny, yep I’m a fellow Zebra also, I was only diagnosed when I was 46, after years of attending rheumatologist appointments! I asked for the PA4 two days ago and it turned up today! Having gone through it, no doubt I should keep my current award, and I’ve been given an extra point on daily living , giving me 10 points now but I do think once I get the official decision from DWP, that I can send in an MR to get another two points for an enhanced daily living award, I hope so anyway. The assessor also suggested the award run for three years minimum and stated that as my conditions are degenerative, that I am only going to get worse, not better. The one thing I did think was a bit off was that he kept banging on about my pain meds, but I thought I saw something over the past couple of years that stated the DWP were not supposed to place such reliance on prescribed pain relief for many reasons? Or maybe I dreamt it?

Rest assured, when I draft my MR to be sent to the DWP, I will be using this fantastic website for help, thank you again to the wonderful people at Benefits and Work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293285 by BIS
Hi Zakana

That must be some record that your PA4 turned up so quickly. I hope that when you get your award letter that it is for a longer time period than three years - but award lengths have been shortened. They are not supposed to form their opinions just based on the amount of medication a person takes -, but in reality, most of them do. It matters if it affects your score on any questions. That may be hard to quantify.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293287 by Bud
Zacana, my partner had a F2F in 2012 for ESA. He was told by the assessor that he had nothing to worry about. He’s never been assessed since. Although I’m sure it could all change with UC.

Good luck with the MR!

More
2 months 1 week ago #293466 by Zakana
Hi so the award notice arrived today, dated 10/07/24, I kept my previous awards and was given one more point for daily living, so have 10 points standard rate for daily living and 12 points enhanced rate for mobility, rates as I had before. The assessor said the award should be for three years as I my conditions were only going to get worse or at the best, stay the same, and the DWP awarded me a four year award! I couldn’t be more surprised! I am now looking through everything I have to see if I can find the other two points legitimately and I’ll update if and when I go for an MR.

Thanks to you all for this wonderful website and all the knowledge and support offered, this is a little gem to those who unfortunately have to battle the system just to get what we deserve!

More
2 months 1 week ago #293467 by Zakana
Hi, I had a F2F for ESA in 2016 and never had to have another for ESA, it’s always been PIP I have had problems with although I always have won in the end!

More
2 months 1 week ago #293473 by BIS
Hi Zakana

Good luck with your MR.

(I don't want to be a downer regarding your ESA - but be aware that some people are receiving forms even after 10 years of not having one. I'm not saying that will happen to you, but I wouldn't assume that you will never have another one - unless you have been told you won't.).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zakana

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid