× Members

RE: New Healthcare Companies doing both PIP and ESA/UC WCA's

More
4 months 1 week ago #291585 by Kuju2
Hi all,

This may be a long post, so please bear with me.

I am currently receiving 'Old Style' CB based ESA with an IR top up and am in the support group for this. I do NOT currently get PIP.

My mental health has been absolutely terrible all of this weekend. I have read a couple of articles on here and they have got me VERY frightened and scared/suicidal.

This is the first article:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-is-changing

In this article it says:

"PIP assessment changes

Work capability assessments and PIP assessments will soon be carried out by the same company in each geographical area. Capita, Ingeus, Maximus and Serco have all won contracts under the new system.

Information from one assessment can be used in the other, making all assessments higher stakes.

Our newsletter will let you know when the new system comes in and how it works."

This is the 2nd article:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/atos-wipe...ssessments-from-2024

In this article it says:

"From September 2024, if you have WCA or PIP assessment, it will be carried out by the following company:

North England and Scotland: Maximus UK Services Limited (currently Atos)

Midlands and Wales: Capita Business Services (currently Capita)

South West England: Serco (currently Atos)

South East England, London and East Anglia: Ingeus UK Limited (currently ATOS)

Northern Ireland: Capita Business Services (currently Capita)"

I feel like I have been left behind and have run out of time to apply for PIP before this change comes in. I feel this way because if I have a PIP assessment and I fail, the info will be used in any future WCA's I have to have. I have been in the support group (LCWRA) since 2011 and I do not want to lose this; I had my most recent WCA in Jan 2024 and I was awarded support group again.

I know the converse is true, that WCA outcomes/info will be used for any PIP assessments that are acrried out. The thing is having only had my last WCA in Jan 2024, I presume the new company will not have any info about this? Or will the old healthcare providers have to hand over all paperwork to the new companies?

I also feel like I've missed the boat because obviously I will be migrated over to UC for the IR top up portion of my ESA award and I do not want to jepordise this in any way.

I feel like I can't take any more and can't carry on with life :( :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291586 by Catherine
Hello Kuju2,

I am sorry to hear this whole thing is causing you so much anxiety.

The principle thing I think you need to know is that the company carrying out the assessment is not the decision maker - that is the DWP. Now I admit that the company will make a recommendation which the DWP normally follows, but that is all it is. If you have to request a MR or go to appeal that is not handled by the assessment company, but the DWP or the Courts and Tribunal service. There is no change there.

In my experience if you are having an assessment for a review, then the DWP provide the assessment company with information regarding your previous assessments, regardless of who did those. They do not provide the assessment company with details of assessments you may have had for other awards. The only times I have known a comparison to be made between awards is either when the DWP do it at MR or Appeal or the Appeal panel ask for it. You can of course do so yourself at any stage.

I cannot see how applying for PIP will potentially prejudice your migration to UC, although I can appreciate why you would be concerned something so critical.

I hope this helps a little, and please do come back to us if you have any more questions.
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, KABTT , Dellilah, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.