× Members

UC Review

More
4 months 1 week ago #291556 by 00Mark
UC Review was created by 00Mark
Hi

I recently got a message (see below) telling me that my Universal Credit claim was to be reviewed. I was required to upload copies of identity documents, bank statements etc. I did this without thinking about it, because I have nothing to hide, but in the subsequent telephone interview the official asked me details of various payments - £25 to my sister for shopping, £50 to a tai-chi teacher for a class, etc.

On reflection, this seems deeply invasive. Is the DWP entitled to demand all this personal information?

I wasn't asked about my health. FWIW I have Parkinson's and am in the LCW group, after winning a tribunal appeal (with much help from Benefits & Work!). I am awaiting the outcome of the DWP's review.

Below I will try to paste the DWP's initial message.

Best wishes

Mark

Hi Mark,

We are reviewing your Universal Credit claim to make sure your payments are correct.

As part of the review, we are creating to-dos for you to complete.

These to-dos must be completed by 15/05/2024 or your Universal Credit payments will be affected.

These to-dos are called:

Claim Review: provide bank statements.
Claim Review: upload document.

You will be asked to provide:

bank statements and an identity document

Each to-do includes instructions and a completion date.

If you do not complete these to-dos, then either:

• your payment could be stopped and then your claim might be closed
• part of your payment could be removed

We may also ask for more information and documents. You will receive a separate message about this.

Send us a journal message if you want to discuss the review or you need help with your to-dos.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291557 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UC Review
Hi 00Mark,

Please find an answer to your query via the link below - this question has been asked multiple times by other claimants. Any further information required, I'll see if I can assist you with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...3983-bank-statements

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 1 week ago #291558 by Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 1 week ago #291564 by Charlie
Replied by Charlie on topic UC Review
Just to say I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment, and have the utmost solidarity for you. It sucks, and it's invasive, but they have the right unfortunately. Hopefully they leave us both alone for a good while now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 00Mark

More
4 months 1 week ago #291584 by Chris
It's awful C - I had it done to me last year and the woman was quite abrupt - said to me " You tell me ALL your forms of income, and I'LL decide what's counted as capital. They word things badly too and don't explain very well. I got a letter just last year saying I owed them £600 plus of backdated money from earnings I didn't declare, and told me it would be taken off my UC at £120 per month. I had no explanation also, just a figure and that they were taking it. I wrote and asked for an explanation and was ignored. Some of them who work for the DWP are an utter disgrace!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.