× Members

Chance to work guarantee

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291393 by Hazel
Chance to work guarantee was created by Hazel
Can anyone advise me about The Chance to Work Guarantee Scheme which I have read will be introduced in 2025. I am currently claiming LCWRA and I have been contemplating trying some permitted work but wondered if i should wait until 2025. The information I have read about The Chance to Work Scheme was from November 2023 which stated that those already on LCWRA can try work without fear of reassessment. I am concerned if i try now it will trigger a re-assessment. Thank you www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/work-capa...try%20work.%E2%80%9D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291456 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Chance to work guarantee
Hazel

Whether it comes into effect will likely depend on who wins the election.

We can't help you with your conundrum but I would ask yourself whether your ability to work now is the result of an improvement in your limitations. If it is then you are required to notify the DWP whether you actually work or not, I can't see that changing under the proposed scheme.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 1 week ago #291550 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic Chance to work guarantee
Thank you for your response. I have been offered a few hours work making tea and coffee where I volunteer. They are all aware of my bipolar and very supportive. My health condition hasn’t improved because it’s life long, but with the right kind of support I feel I can work just for a few hours. Is it just not worth trying to do permitted work? I’ve read so many horror stories about people’s benefits being stopped, yet I’ve also met some people who seem to be able to just work 16 hours and still get benefits. If I was reduced to LCW would it be more acceptable to work part time? I am so confused!

More
4 months 1 week ago #291553 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Chance to work guarantee
Hello Hazel,
It is confusing, and there are no hard rules as to how any individual situation will be viewed. However, have a look at our guide on permitted work, read it in light of what you know is right for your overall health, and decide which way to go.
I wish you a successful outcome,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.