× Members

MR NO CHANGE

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291386 by dan123
MR NO CHANGE was created by dan123
Hi all,

So my original PIP assessment scored me 6 points DL and 10 points MOB. I put in an MR and rang them today and they told me there was no change. Absolutely gutted! I really thought I had a good chance of getting standard daily living. I spent 3 days doing my MR with help from the guides on this site and listening to a certain well known youtuber whose name I won't mention.

Anyway onwards we go to tribunal but my questions are,

1) Do I have to wait to receive the letter from DWP before I can apply for tribunal?

2) How long do I have to put in for tribunal? Is it 1 month like with an MR?

3) If anyone has any recent experience of a tribunal I would be keen to know roughly how long it took from applying to tribunal to actually having it. I know it varies but a rough guide would be appreciated.

4) Does anybody know what system they use for video tribunals. Is it Zoom or skype etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR NO CHANGE
d

Sorry to hear the MR was not successful.

1. Yes. You need the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice in order to make your application for appeal.

2. Same rules as the MR, one month from the date of the MRN for a normal appeal or 13 months from the MRN date to request a Late appeal subject to the appeal being accepted by the DWP and not challenged by the DWP.

3. Tribunals are taking about a year. Once your appeal is accepted then you contact the venue for a more up to date wait time.

4. from the Tribunal Service web site;

"We use the Video Hearing service to conduct video hearings in courts and tribunals.

We are currently using other video services, including Cloud Video Platform (CVP). If your hearing is on CVP or another platform, please see our guidance on what to expect when joining a telephone or video hearing.

The court or tribunal will tell all parties involved what platform is being used in their case. We will only ever use one platform for any video hearings held throughout your case."

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
4 months 1 week ago #291524 by dan123
Replied by dan123 on topic MR NO CHANGE
Gordan,

Thanks for your detailed reply, much appreciated.

Just one follow up question for the mods. If it is going to take about a year for tribunal, bearing in mind my award for standard mob was only 18 months, then it's likely I would be having my review for my current award before my tribunal for my current award! Is this something that happens? If so how would that work?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

More
4 months 1 week ago #291526 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR NO CHANGE
d

A new review initiated by the DWP or you will result in a closed Decision by the DWP, although the reality is that this is no different from normal.

Basically, any positive Tribunal Decision will apply from the date of the Decision appealed to the date of any new Decision, bearing in mind that reviews are taking in excess of a year at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vito99

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.