× Members

Income support / pip

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291331 by Sherlock63
Income support / pip was created by Sherlock63
HI

Hubbys PIP being reviewed but fully expecting to lose with the tricks dwp are playing at the moment I get income support as I am his carer was originally advised to apply for this by job centre after he lost ESA some years ago My query is would we have to apply for UC hubby is 64 next month and to be truthful would struggle to work again I'm only 61 and would have to go back to work obviously, but until I found something I'm worried how we would manage times are so stressful for everyone at the moment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291346 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Income support / pip
Hi Sherlock63

The first question I would ask you is, when your husband lost his ESA did you apply for a MR and then appeal the decision.

As we do not know your circumstances we would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation, they will be able to take all your current circumstances into consideration; advicelocal.uk

Income Support is going, you will at sometime soon be invited to apply for UC, you may be better off claiming UC, you need to report that you are the carer for your husband.

You can check your own entitlement by using an online calculator; www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherlock63

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.