× Members

Request for assessment change

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291310 by Mary71
Request for assessment change was created by Mary71
I have received my assessment appointment yesterday for a telephone assessment, I would like to know if I could request a change to a paper based one as my condition causes confusion when I am talking and a long telephone conversation would make me extremely distressed?

Please advise

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291312 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Request for assessment change
Hi Mary71

You can submit the request, but be aware that your chances of them changing it to a paper-based one are small. If you could get a letter from a health professional to back up your request, it may improve your chances. I'm not saying they will outright refuse—indeed, they have to consider it properly—but a much smaller number of paper-based assessments are carried out in comparison to telephone ones. Push the point that you will be at a disadvantage if you have to have a long telephone conversation. If it is appropriate you want to say that a telephone assessment would cause you "overwhelming psychological distress."

I would mention that if you're asking for a paper-based decision - I hope that you are confident that you have already provided them with sufficient information. Obviously, the disadvantage of the paper-based assessment when requested by the claimant - the assessor can't clarify anything.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291315 by Mary71
Replied by Mary71 on topic Request for assessment change
Thank you for your reply...sorry I posted the message a few times...I thought that it hadn't gone originally

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.