× Members

Video Assessment disadvantage - no audio record

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291277 by Labrador
Hello

I’ve been offered a video assessment for pip but they clearly state you cannot request any audio record for this (whereas in their face to face & telephone assessments you can). (So by having video assessment you’re already disadvantaged before it’s even begun).

I have read others’ experiences of DWP’s audio being unreliable or not even forthcoming etc anyway & of cases being delayed or completely messed up, simply by requesting an alternative assessment method (or a copy of the audio).

So we claimants are advised (on here) to record covertly anyway - which is allowable for personal use.

How do I use/reveal then any Info from my own personal covert recording should I need to go to MR, Tribunal /challenge any outcome/inacurracies etc?

Won’t they say they were not informed of my recording it /requesting audio & disallow it?

Sorry I know it’s been asked before.

Should I contact them & request a different assessment on these grounds?

However I may then be offered a face to face where I wld not be able to audio record as a backup at all.

Seems to be Hobson’s Choice at every turn.

Any suggestions appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291288 by Gordon
L

The reality is that the DWP do not care about any recording that has been made, at best you can use a transcript of the recording but even then I don't think it will carry much weight.

Tribunals are very different as they can order a recording to be included as evidence, however, the time you have in front of a panel is limited and must be used carefully, so again, transcripts are a better choice.

Many video assessments fail due to "technical problems" and are switched to a phone one on the day.

Whether you should change your appointment is a decision that only you can make but be aware you can only rearrange once.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291309 by Labrador
Thanks Gordon.

Does that mean that a transcript of my own covertly recorded audio is allowable evidence for me to use at a Tribunal?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291311 by BIS
Hi Labrador

You can use the transcript of your own recording at a Tribunal, but you should provide a copy of the recording to show it wasn't tampered with.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Labrador

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.