× Members

Disability Support Project

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291243 by IllicitFlame
Disability Support Project was created by IllicitFlame
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has used The Disability Support Project to help their PIP claim? I tried applying myself the first time and even went to tribunal but was only awarded 6 points ultimately. As an autistic person with ADHD, I decided I needed some help this time and found the DSP. I was awarded 2 points only, MR remained and so I'd be going back to tribunal again. At this point, I'm not full of confidence and wondering whether, now that I've joined this site and have access to all the information, if I should just start over?

Many thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291264 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Disability Support Project
Hi IllicitFlame

Hopefully, someone can tell you whether they have used them and whether it was a positive experience.

Did you get a copy of the assessment report after you received 2 points? It's called a PA4, and you can ask the DWP for a copy. Having that report should give more information on the reasoning behind their scoring.

I also wonder whether you asked for a Statement of Reasons when you went to the Tribunal the previous time so that you could understand why they didn't feel you met the PIP criteria. I'm not saying you shouldn't have another go at the Tribunal - but you want as much information as possible to know what you're fighting against.

In my view, the DWP is notoriously bad at understanding conditions such as Autism and ADHD and the lifelong impact they have,. We have a number of members who have had some ferocious battles to get the DWP to understand but they have won through in the end.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katathome01, denby, KABTT , Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.