Pip and telephone assessment

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291215 by JJ75
Pip and telephone assessment was created by JJ75
Open menu

Expand search
Create post
Open inbox

My husband had a pip telephone assessment this morning, his pip is under review. We didn't get any communication about the phone call, they just rang this morning to speak to him. He has cystic Fibrosis along with diabetes, and other health conditions. He has had PIP or DLA for at least 27 years. He answered the questions the assessor asked. She then said my husband would need a face to face assessment to finish the report. My husband didn't ask why as was in shock. Has this happen to anyone else? We are really worried he now may be reviewed and stop his pip. He gets standard care and enhanced mobility (We have a mobility car) Can anyone give any advice why the assessor decided to ask for a face to face, to finish the report?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291218 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip and telephone assessment
JJ

Have you been informed of a review process starting?

It is not usual but certainly not unknown for assessors to make a call to the claimant before deciding whether an assessment in which the claimant participates is required.

My concern is whether you have been notified of the process, completed a review form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291221 by JJ75
Replied by JJ75 on topic Pip and telephone assessment
Hi
Yes we knew he was under review, we had completed the form in 2023 as was up for review in January this year but because of the backlog they had put another year on pip till Jan 2025.
We are just worried my husband may have said something wrong for them to change from telephone review to face to face.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.