× Members

UC Bank Statements

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292976 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC Bank Statements
Hi Rory

They have access to everything, you will be surprised as to what they know. I had a client who had a savings account in the 70's with Britannia Insurance which she had forgotten about due to leaving a hectic life style, 40 years later when we were helping her apply for Pension Credit it was mentioned that she had another account which she had not mentioned, she looked into it and discovered this savings account which had over £8k in, she was able to go on holiday with her husband for the first time, she was severely disabled.

She was also eligible to get Pension Credit Guarantee.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293005 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UC Bank Statements
Hi Rory,

They did - I have a £50 DD det up on 1st of month, and just totally forgot it was a savings account as such, as I just put the money away and knew I wouldn't get anything back form it for a couple of years. Sometimes too, with my medication, lack of sleep, I suffer brain fog, and don't always remember things, especially when the call is out the blue and they give you a week to find everything, and scan it :( - Not always good, especially if you're suffering chronic pain at that time also.

Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293007 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UC Bank Statements
Hi Rory,

They also told me that HMRC, DWP, and local councils all work together and match things via your National Insurance number - so definitely, tell them before they find out, or you'll be fined, and made to look like a thief, even if you genuinely aren't.

Chris.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293236 by Rory
Replied by Rory on topic UC Bank Statements
Thanks Chris. I now know they are all linked. and I'm so stupid that I made up an income that I didn't actually have last year to HMRC. I just thought it'll look better on my records later to show I had income. and now I'm worried if HMRC showed my tax return to them. It's such a mess and I'm under so much anxiety that I'd rather closing the claim for the time being. Specially that it's just UCR team who arranged a phone appointment. I hadn't been over 16k ever whilst with them.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293261 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC Bank Statements
Hi Rory

If you are under state pension age then any means tested benefit is affected by tariff income if you have any savings over £6k.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.