× Members

PIP Decision Letter Received. MR or not ?

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290158 by Yanmar36
I received my decision letter and have been marked down on points. I've scored enhanced on both for the last 8 yrs or so to be dropped to enhanced on daily living and standard on mobility. I've lost points on daily living although still have enough for enhanced. I'm not sure if I should go for a MR or accept what I've been awarded. I've claimed for Autism , Fibro with a long standing mental health conditions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #290176 by SaltyPopcorn25
Replied by SaltyPopcorn25 on topic PIP Decision Letter Received. MR or not ?
Hi Yanmar36, If I were you, I would 100% go for the mandatory reconsideration
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Charlie, Anji

More
5 months 1 week ago #290177 by BIS
Hi Yanmar36

I'm sorry to hear about the change in your award. I can't tell you what to do here, but if you believe the decision is wrong (which you do) - then you have nothing to lose by putting in for an MR. You should ring the DWP and ask for a copy of your assessment report - it's a PA4 report. This will give you more idea of why they came to the decision and makes it easier to fight. It takes energy and stress to fight and only you know whether you can do this.

You need to put in your MR within four weeks of the date on your decision letter. If you ask the DWP for your PA4 report - it can take 7 to 10 days to arrive - so you need to act quickly.

Do have a look at our Guide to PIP Appeals (which also has information on Mandatory Reconsiderations) and follow the advice on how to challenge a report.

Come back if you have any further questions and we will try and help.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Yanmar36, Charlie, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.