× Members

PA4 horror - never expected it to be such a dreadful distortion

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #289975 by Chris
Hi River,

It's usually within a month of the date on the letter, however because of Royal Mail delays, I believe you can call the PIP enquiry line and ask for a 2 week extension if you're not able to have your next steps of the form completed, which is usually going to HMCTS after the MR.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #289983 by denby
Hi River, there's no set window of time if you want to influence the decision , you just have to do it ASAP and if possible this far on, pay for Special Delivery, as you don't know when the Decision Maker will look at your file including the assessment report. I am certain that doing this saved our daughter from a third Tribunal a couple of years back. You can add evidence to undermine errors in the PA4. Eg assessor said Tramadol was for 'moderate' pain. NHS page says it is for severe pain, so I sent that in and referenced it in the letter.

For complaining about the assessment itself, I've no idea I'm afraid but I hope others will reply for you.

Best wishes, Denby

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290001 by River
Hi Chris, thanks for the reply (not sure what HMCTS is?). Just to clarify, is that how much time from the date of your your decision letter you have in which to ask for a MR? What I was asking was if you are going to challenge the report before you get a decision letter - is that a month also? Many thanks.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290006 by BIS
Hi River

HMCTS - His Majesty's Court and Tribunals Service

You must submit your MR within four weeks of the date on the decision letter. If you're missing any information you still need to send in the MR.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Chris

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290009 by River
Thanks denby - OK, so just ASAP.

BIS thank you but I wasn't asking about MRs but, as was referred to upthread, challenging a report before you get the decision letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290011 by BIS
Hi River

There isn't a timescale for challenging the report before you get the decision letter. All we know is that it is a very small window of opportunity, and I think if you don't get it in within ten days of getting the PA4, it's unlikely it will be processed before a decision is made. There are no figures to know how many of these letters even get looked at or are used to influence the final decision.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.