× Members

PIP Further Evidence-Consent-Update

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #289691 by maryo
Dear All,

I recently discovered that PIP has written to my GP through an assessment service to request further medical evidence.
I have not consented for DWP or any outside services or agencies to access my personal data.
The GP said they had to complete the documentation even though it was against my wishes and I did not want my personal data shared.

Update:-

I have contacted ICO Information Commissioners Office and they advised me to write a letter to the the GP practice.
I did this and got a telephone call from the practice manager assuring that my information would not be shared without my prior knowledge or consent.

However I then quickly received a call from one of the GPs to say that they were obligated to provide the information requested but this appeared to be conflicting with the advice received from the practice manager.

Please can someone advise further about the legal basis of data sharing from my GPs without my consent?

Thank you.

Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #289717 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Further Evidence-Consent-Update
m

When you say that you did not give consent did you explicitly deny consent or simply not give it?

As far as I can find the DWP do not need the claimant's consent to request information from a GP, in fact, GP's are contractually obligated to provide these reports.

However, it is not clear how changes to Data Protection rights have been affected by GPDR the latest legislation on this matter.

The only advice I can offer is that each of these cases is individual to the person, to pursue it further may require you to take legal advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.