× Members

9 months since I sent back PIP Review forms - really appreciate some advice

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #287453 by b3x13
Hello and thank you for reading my post.

My PIP ends in 7 weeks - I've been waiting for a response to my review forms since May 2023.

I feel powerless and worried - it seems from other posts that phoning them is ... difficult ?

So any help on what can I do would be really appreciated. I am thinking of:

Getting a solicitor to do a letter asking for a decision to be made? - it's drasstic and costly but would it help?

See if my MP or local councillor wants to help? - I live in Tottenham so I'm just one of 100's of thousands who need help.

Or send a letter myself and see what happens? - Is my voice enough?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #287460 by Gordon
b

If no Decision on your claim is made before the End Date of your current then the DWP should extend that award by another year to allow the assessment process to complete.

This won't be done until 30 days before the current End Date so I'm afraid there is no immediate solution to this situation.

Ring as early in the morning as you can, the lines open at 8 am.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.