× Members

HP assessments and paper based reviews

More
8 months 1 day ago #287219 by Reddd7
Hello everyone,

I recently underwent a paper assessment for PIP and received an award lower than I expected. In response, I submitted a MR without having access to the Health Professionals assessment. (I want to share that it was only after reading information on this forum that I learned I could request this).

When I contacted PIP about this, I was passed around to a number of different agents as they did not know the answer. It was only after one of them consulted with their manager that I was informed that, in paper assessments, a written HP assessment is not typically provided. Instead, the HP relies on the information from the claim form for the award.

I'd like to confirm if this is indeed the standard procedure for paper assessments in PIP. Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Donna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 day ago #287233 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic HP assessments and paper based reviews
Hi Reddd7

Unfortunately, it has become common practice for the DWP to no not generate a report for a paper-based assessment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reddd

More
8 months 1 day ago #287235 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic HP assessments and paper based reviews
Hi, this happened to me also. I was told that my form had not been passed to a health professional but that a paper review was undertaken solely by the decision maker. There were apparently some notes on the system that I was not allowed access to. My award remained the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reddd

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.