× Members

Mandatory reconsideration

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 days ago #287188 by headabovethewater
Mandatory reconsideration was created by headabovethewater
After receiving assessor's report i sent of a letter for decision maker, finally got my award letter 2nd weekend in January, dated 25th Dec, no reference to my letter.

New lower mobility award and kept on standard daily. I believe it should be higher daily. I have just managed to scrape in the date to send a Mr - as I've been in a flare up - sent special delivery so will arrive in time. Arrrgh its so frustrating but at least with the letter I had previously sent i had all the bullet points ready!
Question is I called thursday to say I had sent letter and they tried to start a Mr on the phone is that normal? - obviously a rookie error on my part 😕 I said I'm not upto this due to flare up so she said she will make note letter is on the way for Mr- I'm hoping this is OK?
Thank you for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 day ago #287226 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi headabovethewater

Yes, it is normal for them to start an MR on the phone, but you were right to say that's not the way you are going to handle it. What concerns me is the date of the decision letter - which means you are already over the time for an MR. Now, that didn't come up when you phoned, so if they later object, you spoke to them, and it's been logged you are not well and they should allow you to put in a late MR. Try not to leave it too long.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 1 day ago #287236 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Thank you Bis, apologies, I typed the date wrong, letter from them was dated the 28th, so I replied to it to them special delivery 26th - a bit tight 😬 Do you assume they register it? How long should I leave it do you think for a response? Thank you again

More
8 months 1 day ago #287247 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi headabovethewater

I would first check that it has been delivered, when and who signed for it, then contact DWP to check that it has been placed on the system, once you get confirmation that it has been registered on the system you can relax.

You should hear within a few weeks the outcome of their decision, in the mean time start planning your appeal.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 10 hours ago #287299 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Thank you again. Surprisingly I actually received a text this afternoon!
You've asked us to look at your decision again, as a guide this can take upto 8 weeks, we will write to you once we've done this.

Do they tend to call during this peiod? Im wondering how paranoid I should be about my phone ringing and will it be all the same questions again? When you say start planning an appeal does that mean a tribunal?

Thank you for this amazing support once again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287314 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi H.A.T.W,

In my experience with this, I find that they would let you know as to whether you would need an assessment, and if so, they'd let you know when. Some cases however are lucky enough to be judged on paper only, and an offer of award is made. Just depends on your information that you've supplied them with.

If your MR is declined, then I believe it's 28 days from receipt of why it was declined ( you can ask for a statement of reasons ) that you get to take this to a tribunal. You send your paperwork to the courts, but can actually create an account online after the courts have replied and given you a reference number, and you can monitor whats going on, and supply further information online should you need too.

Regards, Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: headabovethewater

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.