× Members

PIP Review - How much information do I need to give?

More
8 months 4 days ago #287144 by paulcornwall
Hello you lovely people,
My PIP review has come through with most of the questions asking if anything has changed. Do I simply put 'No change' (as is the case for the majority of the questions) or do I need to treat this like a new claim repeating what I placed in my original PIP Claim?

I have the original answers from the original claim in 2021 so unsure weather to include those with the form and put 'No change, see answers attached from original claim'?

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 days ago #287157 by Gary
Hi Paul

I would treat your PIP review as if it was a new claim, if you kept a copy of your original claims form then use it as a template making any adjustments needed such as medications, symptons.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NINo at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read. In the original box write, see page x of y.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287413 by paulcornwall
Replied by paulcornwall on topic PIP Review - How much information do I need to give?
Well, I've messed up the original form. Is there and can i download a copy to complete? Also, I saved my original PIP form so have the answers from there. To be frank, I have been diagnosed with other ailments but don't have the energy to redo everything again. Perhaps I should mix the words up a little. Do I put on the main form - refer to additional paperwork page 1 of 6 etc?

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287416 by Chris
Hi paulcornwall,

I'm afraid not - you will have to contact the PIP enquiry line, and ask for a new form to be sent, if it's that bad. Me personally however, this happened to me, because I answered a lot of the questions with "same as before" - rather than treating it as a new claim. I crossed out what I'd wrote, and I typed up my answers and taped them to the original PIP documentation, and it was accepted, as I received a copy back in the post, with all my typed up information, that had been scanned. I suffer with hand cramps, so find writing, hoovering, using a mouse difficult after a period of time. So maybe's this is another way you could try ?

Hope this information helps,

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.