× Members

No longer doing paper based asssessments?

More
8 months 5 days ago #287135 by pipfox
I sent in my UC50 form a few weeks ago and have been given a video assessment. I requested a paper based assessment on the application and on the phone because I find them so distressing that I have self harmed and become suicidal in the past.

On the phone the guy said 'we don't do paper based assessments.' Like it just is no longer an option for anyone, which surprised me. I've had a paper-based assessment in the past for PIP for the same reasons. I don't understand.

I now have a telephone appointment and they say if I don't show I'll be sanctioned, so I am being forced into it. I may withdraw my claim if that is even allowed witout sanctioning too. I hate being part of this cruel exploititive system that hurts people.

I guess I just wondered if there was any way around this, and to let people know what they are doing now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 5 days ago #287136 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic No longer doing paper based asssessments?
Hi Pipfox,

I've not heard of this before either. What happens if the claimant is deaf, and unable to lipread for example ?

Hopefully someone on here can verify if this is true or not, because I can see major issues occuring should this be the case.

Regards, Chris.

p.s - I also avoid Zoom type things as I can't handle looking at a stranger on phones or making eye contact - I would have to blank my face out. Maybe that's an option? - Have they mentioned that you can't do this via a video assessment ? If not, then I'd just put my screen on blank, or sit in the dark, and if they say they can't see you, tell them you suffer from photophobia!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 2 days ago #287210 by pipfox
Replied by pipfox on topic No longer doing paper based asssessments?
Thanks Chris. I'm the same with video calls - luckily they were ok about switching me to a phone call at least, which is something.

Hopefully will hear back soon whether this can be challenged or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.