× Members

Identity verification Universal credit

More
8 months 1 week ago #287036 by Agis
Hello,

I got an offer of a flat in a different Borough but that would require me to apply for UC in order to cover costs of my rent.

Apparently it looks like I don't have valid documents to prove my identity. I am from the EU and my passport has expired in November 2023.

I didn't sign licencing agreement on the flat because I couldn't guarantee that my identity would be verified for the purposes of obtaining universal credit.

It's my fault as I knew my passport would expire its just that I thought I have national insurance number and that this is going to be enough.

I was wondering of anyone has had similar problem to this.

I really wanted to move out of this place due to fear of harassment but I didn't do that just in case I would risk my rent not being pId due to lack of documents.

I will appreciate advice, thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #287044 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Identity verification Universal credit
Hi Agis,

Message approved to see if anyone has experienced anything similar, and can help with an answer for you.

I know what it's like when you're in desperate needs to move from where you reside through the fault and cruelty of others, it's not a nice situation to experience at all, and I wish you the best of luck in hopefully getting this resolved.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 6 days ago #287060 by David
Replied by David on topic Identity verification Universal credit
I advise you to phone the Citizens Advice " Help to Claim " phone number which is included in the website below.
The phone number is 0800 1448444.
Citizens Advice will do all the difficult work for you in contacting Universal Credit and will sort out what ID you need.
www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/conta...ct-us/help-to-claim/

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.