× Members

Thank you. Success at my tribunal.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286986 by Tracey
Thank you. Success at my tribunal. was created by Tracey
I just want to say thank you. Thank you for all of the work you and your team do to help people at every stage of the pip journey. I wished I’d had known about your site at the beginning of my pip journey as feel the guides are invaluable in how to fill in the application form in the best way considering all of the relevant information to best highlight and explain how your conditions are affecting you..
I had my appeal yesterday which waiting for was a traumatic experience. The anticipation and anticipatory anxiety caused by the situation has been debilitating HOWEVER I won.
I just want to give each and everyone of you who are going through the appeals process that you can do it. Stick to telling the truth, being as open and honest as you can about how you are being affected / were at the time of application, take your time and use the invaluable information on this site to help and guide.
My appeal panel were very supportive, understanding and respectful.
I don’t think it has sunk in yet but I will be getting a very large back payment and the stress of my finances due to my situation has been lifted. I honestly felt going through the actual appeal was going to be a waste of time. I was wrong. They listened and understood. They were so patient too. I am so relieved it’s all over with.
Thank you all so much.
Kind regards
Tracey
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, LL26, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286993 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Thank you. Success at my tribunal.
Hi Tracey,

Ahhh well done! - That's great news, and it's certainly always good to hear that the experience of having dealt with this, has finally paid off!

Congratulations, and now you can chill-ax as the saying goes :)

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey

More
8 months 6 days ago #287076 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Thank you. Success at my tribunal.
Hi Tracey,
Congratulations!
Thank you for sharing your story, which I am sure will encourage others to continue.
Louise

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey

More
8 months 6 days ago #287085 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic Thank you. Success at my tribunal.
I do hope it gives others in the same position of having to go through a tribunal, some encouragement.
The whole process causes so much anxiety and stress and has exacerbated my health in a negative way.
I think I will get around £12000.00 in back payment. It all feels surreal and I’m still in a.state of it not having sunk in. While the back payment will help so so so so much and the ongoing payment will ease a lot of financial stress….. not having the worry and anxiety around having to go through such an awful emotional process is priceless.
So please please please for anyone in the queue so to speak, don’t give up. I understand how frightening it is and how much of an effect it has on you. You can do it though. Use the guides and read others experiences on here too.
My heart goes out to each and everyone of you going through this journey. Exsisting with health conditions and illnesses that severely affect one’s day to day is difficult as it is. Having to lay yourself bare so to speak and explain how you are struggling and things you can’t do is degrading (to me it is). But then to receive an inaccurate misinterpreted report and have to go through such a journey like MR and finally a tribunal is both degrading and damaging to our health and wellbeing. I have felt like I’m begging and that I was going on trial….. it hasn’t been a pleasant experience at all BUT it can be done.
Here if anyone has any questions on the process
Benefits and work are brilliant and full of a wealth of support and information. Thank you all and good luck to all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Chris

More
8 months 6 days ago #287096 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Thank you. Success at my tribunal.
Hi Tracey,

Not sure if you're on UC, but if you are - I'll make you aware of a situation that happened to me. I was awarded a large sum of backdated PIP money - over 2 years, and near to 5 figures. I wasn't aware that I only had a year to use this, when claiming UC, and as a result of saving the money to put towards my retirement, or will (in the event of my death), I am now being penalised by losing most of my UC, because they classify the money as earnings. As a result, after my rent is paid, I am left with £128 per month UC to live on - which covers about 2 weeks worth of shopping, never mind C/Tax, TV, Energy, Phone, Car running costs, Pets, TV License, Home Insurance etc etc....you get my drift.

Regards, Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Tracey

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.