× Members

Dual housing payment/ moving area

More
8 months 1 week ago #286944 by Agis
Dual housing payment/ moving area was created by Agis
Hello, I posted this as a separate question but I was confused and called dual housing payment DHP which I have now learned that its not the same thing.

I got an offer of a flat in a different Borough. I am currently on the new style ESA and housing benefit.

Moving there would mean changing to universal credit.

My question is about dual housing payment and who I would need to ask for that. Would it be Universal Credit that I have to ask for this or would it be my local authority?

I read somewhere that housing benefit would continue to get paid for further 2 weeks if I apply for universal credit. But the woman from the council told me that because I would be moving then they would not pay me this further two weeks.

I am completely lost with it and the charity person who was suppose to help with this has left me.

I would appreciate if someone was able to shine some light on it.

I also have some savings.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286975 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dual housing payment/ moving area
Hi Agis

Thank you for your question, unfortunately it is outside the remit of the forum, I would advise you to contact either your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk or contact Shelter; england.shelter.org.uk/get_help

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid