× Members

Dual housing payment/ moving area

More
8 months 1 week ago #286944 by Agis
Dual housing payment/ moving area was created by Agis
Hello, I posted this as a separate question but I was confused and called dual housing payment DHP which I have now learned that its not the same thing.

I got an offer of a flat in a different Borough. I am currently on the new style ESA and housing benefit.

Moving there would mean changing to universal credit.

My question is about dual housing payment and who I would need to ask for that. Would it be Universal Credit that I have to ask for this or would it be my local authority?

I read somewhere that housing benefit would continue to get paid for further 2 weeks if I apply for universal credit. But the woman from the council told me that because I would be moving then they would not pay me this further two weeks.

I am completely lost with it and the charity person who was suppose to help with this has left me.

I would appreciate if someone was able to shine some light on it.

I also have some savings.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286975 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dual housing payment/ moving area
Hi Agis

Thank you for your question, unfortunately it is outside the remit of the forum, I would advise you to contact either your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk or contact Shelter; england.shelter.org.uk/get_help

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.