× Members

ESA award paper work sent with PiP review paperwork

More
8 months 1 week ago #286939 by Didt
Hi, my PiP review form has arrived and in taking my time to read as much info as possible in completing this a question has come to mind.
I finished work in 2017 due to being unable to continue my profession and I was placed in the ESA support group straight away with no face to face assessment.
I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2006.
I have never included this information in my PiP review forms previously, possibly niavely, thinking that PIP dept would be aware.
I’m not sure if this would have made any impact or not.
On initial application for DLA (some years ago ) I was awarded middle rate for daily living and high for mobility, which enabled me to have a car through the mobility scheme.
However when I was transferred from DLA to PiP I lost both rates, on request of re consideration I was awarded standard rate for both daily living and mobility.
I have been unable to be assessed as requiring the higher rate award for either component since.
I am not expecting that by including my ESA decision, awarded back in 2017 to change anything previously but should I make them aware now?
My Parkinson’s has progressed, as is the nature of the illness, and any other advice or experiences would be most appreciated. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286952 by BIS
Hi Didt

I am sorry that when you applied for PIP you didn't include information about your Parkinson's. You certainly should include it now.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286963 by Gordon
Didt

Just to clarify the situation with your Mobility.

DLA Higher Rate Mobility, which is normally assessed over a distance of 50m although this is not defined in the legislation, only equates to a PIP Standard Mobility award, for a higher award you will need to show your walking distance is limited to 20m or less or you need to score for the Going Out activity as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.