× Members

ESA Joint Claim ceasing due to reachingthe age to claim my state pension.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286914 by Mickyboy
Hi, advice needed please. I have reached pension age and have completed the relevant forms to apply for this . My Wife and I have been recieving ESA (joint claim) for a number of years now (approx 12). What does my Wife do now as as regards her ESA. Does she have to re apply for ESA or continue receiving it. Letter from DWP addressed to me just says the ESA income is ceasing because I have reached pensionable age and says nothing about my Wife. Also, I receive DLA, will this continue. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286976 by Gary
Hi Mickyboy

You are what is known as a mixed aged couple, I would advise your wife to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation, you do not say what components of DLA you receive. I believe that your wife will have to apply for UC, but I do not know all the facts which is why your wife needs to contact her local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

As to your question about DLA, yes it will continue, you will at some stage when DWP re-starts the process be asked to apply for PIP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.